Lyon is one of the best metropolitan areas in France that you must visit. The city is third largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and social heritage. A number of its structures and museums have been indexed by world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the actual church have finally been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the recreation area include a large greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has located many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located on the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dance where you can learn various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest shopping mall in France. The actual mall has the presence of the majority of the major brands in the world. But avoid this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to see and discover soirées à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to reach Paris and you can take either TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the 3rd largest city and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Romans and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km away from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people residing there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to go to in the month of Sept and October.